Capital Acceleration seeks to invest equity capital in private companies in the lower middle-market sector with a revenue range of $15 million to $50 million. The company should generate, or have the potential to generate, EBITDA greater than $1.5 million*. We focus on opportunities to make control investments in situations that arise from:
- Management-led buyouts of private companies or divisions of larger companies
- Privately held businesses requiring an infusion of equity capital to fuel their growth engine through organic growth or strategic acquisitions
- Restructuring of otherwise sound businesses that have experienced difficulty due to over-leverage or a cyclical downturn
- Recapitalizations of closely held or family-owned companies that provide liquidity to the sellers while allowing for continued participating ownership
- Corporate divestitures of divisions or subsidiaries that are no longer considered essential and would be more likely to thrive under independent ownership
* We will explore situations opportunistically that do not meet these criteria exactly.